IMO,
if one looks at the costs and coverages the choice should be easier to make.
The first year I was told in error that I was not eligible for the previously favored Plan F. I can't remember which plan I signed up for but there was an additional 200.00 + monthly deduction.
After looking at the options more closely, the following year I signed up for a no cost Advantage plan through Aetna with a max out of pocket cost of 4500.00 with a lot of items being covered at 100% including allowances for dental, hearing aids, glasses and a lot of tier 1 & 2 drugs.
Saving the 200.00 a month for 2 years would more than pay the max out of pocket cost plus the allowances for other things mentioned.
When one looks at the additional savings over the 2 year period factoring in the allowances it becomes even more enticing.
This year I have encountered a few issues with the allowances and am addressing those with Aetna. They have been 100% up to this point.
It can be mind numbing. The best advice is to start learning about the pro's and cons of each choice as far in advance as possible. DO NOT try to learn about them all at once but rather a little at a time, absorb the info, then move forward.
When you start narrowing down your choices check the google and online reviews for the plans you are considering.
One company I will not consider under any circumstance is Blue Cross Blue Shield. Why? they changed a contracted Obamacare plan mid stream due to a peeing contest with a large hospital / firm which left 1000's (myself included) not being able to see their normal Dr.s
Hope this helped a bit beer