Originally Posted by 6PakBee

It seems no one can do anything right any more.

This is so true frown

Incompetence has taken over & getting worse. I left work one day & heard a noise in the front end of my truck. I'm only 3-1/2 miles from my office so I figured I'd get home, crawl underneath & take a look. Well, before I was halfway home I heard a much louder noise & felt a bad vibration in the steering. As much as I knew that the local Chrysler dealer would be expensive, it was right there so I pulled in & made the appointment to have them look at it. I also needed the annual state inspection which they can do, so it was easier to do it this way.

The next day the service manager calls to tell me I passed inspection but that I need a new transfer case & a new rear axle housing. work

I said, "How can that be? The noise is in the front & the steering vibrated."

He explained, "They found nothing wrong in the front & the vibration was being transferred from the transaxle to the frame so that's what you're probably feeling."

Then he drops the bomb saying they want $6000 to fix it all. eek I told him to forget it, I can't spend $6000 right now. I went in, paid for the inspection & had it towed to another shop that I usually go to. The other shop calls me & the guy says, "You have a broken front axle & there's nothing wrong with the transaxle or your rear. That'll be $800 total. And by the way we did your state inspection because it was overdue."

The dealer did the inspection but never put the sticker on. mad