My 2001 Dakota with the "old" design 4.7 still fires right up, settles to an idle easily, maintains steady temperature and it'll hum down the highway all day at around 2200 rpm. 203,000 miles.
No leaks, no drips, but it does use a bit of coolant (no white exhaust), leaking somewhere internally. Probably on top of the valley plenum plate and evaporating. When I change the oil it still comes out the usual used oil color, no frothy milkshake color. Back at 165,000 miles I had the rotted oil pan replaced and also then had a new oil pump installed, so a stout oil pump and fresh synthetic oil every 5k miles at most may be why its still running good. I think Chrysler could have developed better breathing heads for the 4.7 (like those on the 318/340/360) and improved the cooling, improved oil circulation, fixed the leaking valley pan issues, and the 4.7 could have become a real stout engine in a small package. It could have been the only American OHC V8 powerhouse, and a neat compliment to the American classic V8 cam in block/pushrod Hemi powerhouse. The 4.7 block and bottom end are stout and capable of much more power.

My 56 C3-B8 Dakota build