Originally Posted by roadrunninMark
6Pac - the 9v lit the lights but they were dim, so I will need a little more power. I may try the 12V idea as Hoozie mentioned.

Hoozie - I looked for another set of lights, it seems only the higher end (20 a string) have the rectifier. I will keep looking. I contacted that company you linked the video from. They won't help as I didn't buy the lights from them and can't give advice on a product they didn't sell. I will try the car battery - I have some lawnmower batteries around and try that. I'll keep the link to the rectifier in mind next. I don't know why I can't find the simple inline rectifier as that is used in all these light sets... it is like a trade secret or something!

Okay, you want 12 volt here you go.

12V Supply

Why can't you find one? It's like the tag on almost anything electronic currently "No User Serviceable Parts Inside". It's not intended to be replaced when it fails so it isn't available from the OEM and there isn't enough demand for a third party to step up an make one.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".