In between the steps for the gauge panel, I started in on rebuilding the tubs. It took a little bit to decide the direction, first was to install the inside tubs. Please forgive the chicken scratch welding as the panels were ground as clean as possible but there is ages of oxidation through the original sheet-metal and residue of bedliner and tar and seamsealer and crud plus, plus, plus. eyes

Anyway, I trimmed the wheelwell's factory floor to the pinch weld which gave me a good edge for alignment albeit about 5/16" lower due to the floor serrations and clearanced the bed floor flush to the frame rail. My Fabrication Mentor Dave lent me his bead roller to make filler panels and after bending and fitting about 80 times I buzzed them in. Basically spent 2 full days still need to make the top section on both sides. then to grind them smooth put some rattle can black undercoat the bottoms and I will wire brush with a grinder the entire bed and put a fresh coat of bedliner .

11-18b.jpg11-18a.jpg11-20e.jpg11-20b.jpg

Exceptional Architectural, Yacht and Automotive scale models. e-mail modelmakerinc@att.net for a portfolio review. www.modelmakerinc.com