Originally Posted by Mike P
“……..I have the engine, fresh trans and a rear end. Now I need a car. I’m kinda doing this basackwards…..”

Yeah, kind of the boat I put myself in. I rebuilt the 354 that’s on the stand and went thru a 46RH and had started looking for a body (was kind of looking at 55-56 Dodges or Plymouths) but had held up on the rear end till I picked up a body. Probably a good thing I didn’t find one as the direction for the project kind of changed and I decided I wanted something a little less conspicuous to serve daily driver duties. I ended up with 68 Valiant 2dr Sedan (X big block drag car) that should do nicely.

“……Lots of pretty good deals are starting to show up on those older Mopar (and other brand) bodies & projects…….”

I agree with poorboy, the bottom seems to be starting to drop out on older cars again. It actually kind of surprised me the prices stayed as high as they did for as long as they did.

Yeah, I was at Goodguys yesterday. There were a couple of car for sale but as usual high priced. My twisted mind started to get the best of me when I was looking at a 57 Chevy roller.

This Stude struck my fancy, kinda like the Bobber type pickups and being an orphan would make a good candidate.

6B2F2EDE-81D2-4094-AA77-457A3384CC77.jpeg5DA41DCE-5814-4A45-9ADB-758B1A5BCD96.jpeg
Last edited by dart4forte; 11/19/23 09:46 AM.

“So if it’s on the internet it must be true”

Abe Lincoln