Originally Posted by 11secdart
I agree with some of Stantons comments at my last job I worked there for almost ten years but never really got along with the couple that owned the company mainly due to work ethic , they chose to focus on the slackers thinking they were the greatest employees on earth when in reality they were getting over on the company every day. I worked my butt off doing three different jobs , while they hid all day , at 65 years old at the time I out worked guys there half my age , was never late for work or called in sick. No matter how much I did from doubling their packaging output in my first year to spending 16 hours some days behind the wheel delivering their product it was never good enough . They claim I had an attitude : yes I do .. I expect my co workers to work as hard as I do I know thats not reality but thats how I felt. Three years ago I was called in the office and was told " we are afraid you are going to get covid so we are laying you off " ( I never got covid ) in my case it was sort of a forced retirement as I was going to turn 66 in another month and had received my first social security check a few weeks before my lay off. Financially I was better off not working and I now have a part time job I really enjoy and I am appreciated . I probably should have filed an age discrimination law suit against the company but with the whole pandemic I didn't know my legal recourse. I am still upset with myself for giving so much effort and ten years of my life to such unappreciative idiots and its been three years since I was laid off

They figured out your age was going to cost them on insurance calculations so they looked out for themselves on that deal.

I want my fair share