Originally Posted by Neil
That is sad.

I've driven up on the aftermath of numerous wrecks where cars have been plowed hard from the rear, and it appears the person who caused the wreck never touched the brakes.. I had a police officer tell me most wrecks in the vicinity of intersections these days often involve people playing on their phones, and not watching the road in front of them.

Your statement reminded me of a recent awful accident near where I live. A teenage girl, had a 5 year old (possibly a sibling)? in the back seat of the car a few weeks ago. She was driving westbound on a two lane road, at around 7:30-8:00am.

She was driving up to a BUSY four lane highway that goes north/south. There is a stop sign and rumble strips before the intersection of
this two lane road and four lane highway. Apparently she was on her cell phone, not paying attention at all, and went through the intersection at full speed maybe doing at least 50...T boning a newer Caravan driving 55 mph southbound with an older(mid 60's) couple inside.
The woman in the Caravan died at the scene, as well as the 5 yr. old child. Both ejected.
The husband had to be air lifted to a bigger out of area hospital (critical condition)... the teenage girl had NO major injuries. Investigation is ongoing...shake_head lives lost and others ruined because of her idiosy and thoughtless actions.

Plymouth Makes It!