When my son was going to firefighter school he was driving his '98 Olds Intrigue that was given to him by his grandmom when his granddad passed away. He was doing "ride-along" with local city fire departments as part of his training and one day his Intrigue had an issue and he had to borrow his mother's luxury compact SUV for a day to get there on time. Mid-day the fire chief called him in to his office and told him (not asked him) to NOT bring that car to the station again. The chief said he doesn't want to give the impression that fire fighters make too much money and this is hurting the image of all of the firefighters at the station. He came home and I could tell he was upset so I asked him what was wrong, and he told me the story. I asked him what the chief was driving, and he said a new Ford F-150 King Ranch and I asked how many other nice fairly new crew cab pickups were in the parking lot? He said at least a dozen. I said you know the local Ford dealership in town has a dozen or more F-150 King Ranch pickups and not one of them is less than $75,000 and a few of them over $82k which by the way is nearly double the price of you mom's SUV. Do you want me to tell him not to drive his and the other's pickups to the fire station as it is confirming or at the least giving the impression, they are making too much money? Wouldn't have done that and not arguing firefighter pay, just this chief went about it wrong in my opinion as that was an emergency situation for my son to get to the station for one day in his mom's car. His mom got that AWD SUV to get to work in any weather like lake effect snow, as she was an RN and still is. Worst thing that happened from this is now my son wants a pickup truck and will have to spend, at the least, way, way too much for something he will never fully use and still not as good as a smaller AWD vehicle with better fuel economy. LOL.