Originally Posted by patrick
thanks....hard part of going with FMJ/junkyard sourced parts is the fact that they were last made 34 years ago, so not many in yards anymore....

car is a slant6, manual everything, plan on keeping it, maybe mild upgrades to the 6 (thinking 2bbl, maybe a little cam, exhaust either headers or dutra duals, probably milling and porting the head). when I redo the suspension I'd like to get a bit firmer than the stock slant 6 tbars, but am not looking for corner carving, just competent....was looking at the Mancini racing XHD springs for the back https://www.manciniracing.com/maaexhedules1.html for the front, stock BB t-bars (.890?) if I can find them? I see firm feel sells both .880's and .940's....I'm concerned anything bigger than that and ride will get too harsh, especially if I decide to go with 17" rims....

It's all in the shocks. I upgraded the front bars in my car to 300# (comparable to B body 1.12") and Bilstein shocks. Was running 235-60-15 Radial T/A tires at the time. It handled great and while the ride got harsher it wasn't unbearable or anything. Few years later I swapped the tires out for 245-40-18 Nittos. Ride quality went to absolute pot on semi rough roads. Was bad enough that I was considering going back to 15" tires (I moved and the new house is surrounded by bad roads). Decided to try different shocks on a recommendation and bought a pair of double adjustable Vikings. It's beyond night and day the difference. The front end handles rough patches in the road like my daily driver Equinox does. Not cheap though. Shocks were $230 a piece.

1987 Fifth Avenue - 512/518/D60