Holy cow, I didn't realize how long it's been.....looks like my last post was some 9 years ago.....life sure has gotten in the way....

Anyhoo, it's been 32 years since my grandpa and I refurbished my '76 Duster when I was in high school, and 82k miles later, it needs some freshening. Back then, we replaced tie rod ends, shocks, and rear springs, but now that it will be 48 in November, I'm thinking it's time to fully go through the suspension and rebuild it with new bushings, ball joints, etc. I'd also like to upgrade the torsion bars from the slant 6 bars, add sway bars (never came with even a factory front one), new rear springs (the 31 year old replacements have lost some height) and new shocks. while I'm at it, I'm thinking I'd like to upgrade the factory front drums to disc. Not looking to be a super corner carver, just a bit firmer and more stable ride.

I'm wondering what is the consensus on good vendors to buy from for suspension and brake kits? I'm assuming the conversion kits available now with proper height spindles are preferable to sourcing the taller junkyard FMJ spindles. I haven't been out to local junkyards in years to see if you can even find FMJ's anymore or if they've all be crushed. a quick search and it looks like kind of a wide disparity of price points, Western Chassis showing about $500 for a kit, while the Right Stuff it's closer to $1100....I'm thinking for ease of parts a factory style would be preferrable over something like a wilwood setup, I know the wilwoods I had on the rear of my daily driver 5th ave back in the day were a pain, but that was a year round, all weather driver....

any feedback or advice is welcome.

Thanks!

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)