Originally Posted by poorboy
The way I read it is he wants to eliminate where the belt passes around the water pump and have the belt go directly from the crank pulley to the power steering pump, then to the AC, the tension pulley, then the alt and back to the crank. The shorter non-ac belt allowed him to bypass the water pump pulley and still run the AC, the alt, and the tensioner, but he keeps throwing the short belt at 6280 rpm. The electric water pump is not belt driven, and he does not want to put an idler pulley in place to replace the water pump pulley.

Guess we all need to have the same understanding to be able to help him.

This is for my turbo set up that turns 6,200 - 6,400 rpms. This is what I want: to eliminate where the belt passes around the water pump and have the belt go directly from the crank pulley to the power steering pump, then to the AC, the tension pulley, then the alt and back to the crank.

By bypassing the WP, there will be partial wrap around the PS and crank with the belt having a long span with no device/idler pulley. As straight of alignment as you can possibly get, I believe this will still cause a belt to throw. I will see if I can put an idler pulley some where near the water pump as shown below.

1.jpg
Last edited by TheOtherDodge; 08/30/23 03:22 PM.