Originally Posted by wingman
Originally Posted by abodyjoe
ill say the same thing i said when everyone said i should support the englishtown mopar nationals even thought it was a garbage event at the time..

it is not my job to blindly support any show. it is there job to make it so i want to attend. its really that simple.

roadkill nights i'd love to go to. power tour i'd love to go to, drag week i'd love to check out, sick week i'd love to check out. so there are shows/events that do things that make me want tot attend. shows like mopar nats or carlisle just don't do it for me anymore...

there is a local mopar show that i refuse to attend. the guy running it is a shyster. charges way too much for parking in a restaurants parking lot. when asked where the funds go he won't say. if it was a good cause then ok i'm of with it, thought i'd rather choose what i donate. i think he is lining his pockets if ya ask me.

You ever been involved in putting on a show?

Ain't nobody getting rich putting on Mopar shows, buddy. Big ones or small ones. It's a ton of work--in advance and during the weekend itself. Most shows are run by car guys volunteering our free time, Taking tickets, organizing show fields or race brackets, working in the heat for little or nothing so people can have a good time with other car guys.

There's always a small number of entitled types who bit** and complain about every little thing that wasn't done the way they would have done it. Well come on out and show us all how it's done! There's always room for another volunteer!

Or better yet, start your own show. I'll come to it!

triggered much. lol. what a clown.

yes I've been involved in two very successful local mopar shows and a third all make show. so thee of them a year.. none of the shows over charged for entry. so i know what it takes. like i said the shows job to make me want to come. its not my duty to support the show.

Last edited by abodyjoe; 08/25/23 07:23 PM.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

www.MoparMisfits.com