if no high amp accessories are added to a factory 69 B-body [my charger] wiring harness, will it hurt to have an 85amp alternator in the system ?
the wiring harness is in perfect condition, as well as the bulkhead connectors. i realize the alternator will [should] put out only what the system will require load wise, to replenish the battery needs.
i am planning to tie the amp gauge wires together, and go with an accessory volt gauge, as well as adding an 8 or 6ga wire from the alternator output stud to the starter relay, with a 100[?] amp mega fuse.
i "may" at some point, install an OEM electric fan and shroud system, running off of a relay bank that will use a ground connection as the relay[s] trigger[s].
i'm not sure of the original alternator output, but it may have been a 35 or 45 amp output ?
for whatever it's worth, i'm planning on an all LED bulb conversion, including headlights, although my night time driving will be very limited. [ya know about "old people" going to bead early, right ? biggrin]
is my electrical experience thinking this correctly, or has my foggy noggin' forgotten something important ?
TIA to those that keep this old dumhead on the straight and narrow. bow
beer