Originally Posted by gtx6970
Originally Posted by SomeCarGuy
Supposedly the sticking point is it’s a 200k resto. That may be, but you can spend 200k on a pinto and it’s still only worth what the best pinto for that year is worth.

I often wonder how you could spend 200k on a restoration. Knowing all the time you would NEVER get that kind of money back out of it on its best day. One would think someone who could afford to spend that can of money would be smarter than that ..

I did a ground up on a 68 Charger RT, 440 4spd a few years back and all in done the man was in it for right about $75k, and that included the buy in for the car.

Exactly right. You have to know that going into the deal. I think the mentality extends to guys who don’t drive their ride. If you aren’t comfortable in driving, it’s because you aren’t comfortable with the dollars involved and/or are worried about the “investment” going south in you. It’s really screwed up the hobby and is a direct reason we don’t see young people getting into these things. It’s not the only one, but that’s a big part of it.

I want my fair share