Some notes from a first-timer to Carlisle:

Weather: It's July. It's hot. The humidity did surprise the hell out of me, but that's why I kept a cooler of drinks in the car and left early when it got to be too much.

Swap Meet: Just because we don't stop and paw through everything doesn't mean that we aren't looking. Especially for off-year vehicles. That being said, the swap meet had plenty to offer and those that I stopped and talked with were very friendly and knowledgable, just like I hoped they would be. Another vote for ditching the political crap, though.

Modern Cars: I had no issue with them. There were plenty of vehicles in the field that showed the owner's care and pride well. There were a few that made me wonder if the daily driver got a pass, especially in modern trucks, but overall very pleased.

Scooters: If you need it, you need it, but stop trying to run me down like you're playing GTA: Car Show.

Malaise/1980s stuff:
I was glad to see the mix and to see how engaged these groups were. Traditionally, it's been the punching bag of a Mopar show. I was attending Carlisle for the first time because my car got accepted as a feature in the Malaise group and the response was fantastic. The parade was great, it was cool to see how many people were checking the cars out along the route.

Overall, this was a great time provided you could tolerate hot weather. I saw the EMTs treating the woman who went down near the food vendors, kudos to them and everyone else who was assisting her. If you go to a car show and don't expect to hear a salty word or two here and there, then welcome to the real world. Even the old timers and kind old grandfather types know how to color their language. I've got one more hotter-than-Hades Mopar show on the calendar (MoParty) and then I'll be investing in meat-locker worthy air conditioning for the Charger!