Originally Posted by McCandlessboy
I have zero issue with the modern cars. A significant amount of the population lives in a situation where they simply don't have the space or resources to have 2 cars and a toy car. Good luck finding a real 3 car garage these days for anything close to reasonable price. I respect people who want to be part of Mopar culture and do it through their modern vehicles. They obsess over their cars often as much as people with older rides. What better way for an enthusiast to find a car that excites them, than Carlisle. Almost all years models are covered. The only true lagging area is pre 55. As people gain more resources and space, they'll jump into an old car most likely. We all have to start somewhere. Never understood crapping on people who just like something else or can't afford to jump into a money pit restoration.

I spent time talking to a guy that had a really cool sea mist green K car on Thursday. He also had one over in the tent that was a 12k mile original. That guy was as passionate and detailed about his car as anyone on the grounds. I enjoyed talking with him and appreciating his enthusiasm for the car. It doesn't take much effort to not be an A hole.

Mike

a new hemi challenger, doing mid/low 12's or faster down the 1/4mile.... with the ac on, against a 60/early 70's hemi , lucky if it's in the mid 13's , on a hot day where its 90 outside, but 110 in the car... yeah if i had to choose.... give me ac all day long