Originally Posted by furious70
Originally Posted by 70gtx1
On my Hellcat swap, I did it all for under 20k. Thats everything, motor , trans, electrical, exhaust cooling system, etc, etc. I admit I got some good deals. Couldnt do it today with prices the way they are. Did ALL the work myself, so didnt have to pay anybody for anything. Yes its expensive, but my previous motor was a 451 that probably made around 600 hp, ran 10.80's and the drivability was crap. With this swap, Ive put more miles on the car the past 3 years that I have the previous 10 plus years, because it is so nice to drive! The drivability along with the power is a dream. Working on my next G3 swap currently in a 99 Dakota RT.

Did you use the TF8 or a 727/518? That's a pretty good all in cost. Holley Terminator to control it? Or Hotwire Auto reflash of OEM and you pinned out a harness?
I have a full manual 727 built by CRT. When I did the swap the 8 speeds were not really proven yet, so I did not consider it. The 8 speeds are awesome, but it would cost me alot of money to convert now, and for what I do with the car the 727 works just fine. Running the Mopar crate kit for engine management.