Originally Posted by migsBIG
well that settles it, no hemi swap for me. I did a ruff calculation and came to figure out it would be a minimal of $21k witt the parts and labor. I m moving onto doing a big or small block. Hopefully I can figure out something that will be more feasible for my future project. Thank you to everyone who, responded with info.

Even with the outrageous $$$ junkyard Hemis seem to command, that seems pretty high unless you were talking 6.4 fresh/new everything. If you don't require MDS/VVT, I would look for an 05 and older Hemi Ram engine or the whole truck to start with. The truck engine mounts most of the accessories above the frame line so it is more swap friendly into a classic Mopar. If you are paying someone to do the swap, store bought mount kit from Holley will knock more than a day off the labor $$.

Trucks didn't get MDS until 06 so if you want something other than OEM engine management, you have reasonably priced options like Megasquirt or Holley. MSD makes an ignition only controller if carbs are your preference.

A flexplate and spacer kit bolts a 727 or a 46/48RH OD behind it, neither requiring any computer controls. Converter lock up and OD on the RH trans can be automated with some pressure switches which can be bought as a kit or you can run them manually with toggles switches.

Depending on what kind of labor $$ you're dealing with, you should be under $10K, maybe well under depending on how good a deal you can make on the engine/trans.

Kevin