Most those M/T sizes you believe are gone are not really. When they first started after the Goodyear by out the catalog was missing alot of numbers and sizes. That is slowly coming back online. If you dont think they have your size just need to call a distributor or go to a truck at a race. The catalog was not showing many sizes yet they still had them.

As for the M/T's they are very good tires. Not that the Hoosier is not, but they all seem to have a niche. IMO the Hoosiers are great in the larger sizes and for things like Pro Mod, FAST T/D stuff. Alky cars etc. They carry alot more section width that the M/T's do. I have run M/T primarily on my stuff for a long time. I have run Hoosiers as well and they seem to work decent albeit a tad slower, likely a weight thing?!? As for the small tire stuff IMO the M/T has proven to be the better option. Go to any heads up race and let me know how many fast winning small tire cars are on a Hoosier. On the vette we run an M/T 3062S and have been 1.08 60' with them on a 2750ish lb car. I also use the take offs on my 64 and they work quite well.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"