Originally Posted by resqguy
The U.S Navy detected the implosion when it happened on Sunday and didn't publicly say anything. They probably didn't want to expose their Top Secret listening capabilities.

This technology was Top Secret 40 years ago. Not only do the Russians and Chinese know about this technology, they have the technology themselves. The public learned about this 30 years ago. Who are they trying to kid? The head of the US Navy owes the world an explanation.

I agree, mostly.

The whole science of Geology was significantly advanced when the magnetic sensing part of that “submarine listening” system was shared with the public and showed that the ocean floor was mostly on/off flows of undersea lava, and that the Earth’s magnetic North/South poles “flip” repeatedly over long time periods.

I say “mostly” above
because the Navy may have hugely upgraded that undersea system to do far more than sense sound and magnetism.

There is a huge “stream” or “flux” of sub-atomic particles flowing through the Earth and oceans that could be used to detect submarines and “who knows” what secret sensors may have been made good enough to be of military use.

Sonar has been around a long time but I personally was surprised at how clear and detailed the 12,500 foot deep sonar scan from a surface ship was that the Wall Street Journal had in their article.

I hope the US Navy can do things no other navy can do.