Its funny to see that hate this gets when factory crossbreeds like an AC Cobra, Detomaso Pantera, Jensen Interceptor, or Monteverdi High Speed are viewed as highly desirable. Another domestic crossbreed from the muscle era that I bet a bunch of people didn't know of was the Samco Cord Warrior. Offered from '68-'70, it was a copy of the classic Cord 810 and was available with either a Ford 302 or a Dodge 440. Interestingly enough, these can now be found for less than the price of a nice 440 B body. https://www.smartmotorguide.com/cars-for-sale/cord-warrior. Not for everyone, but certainly an interesting looking car.

I'm actually not surprised to see it as there are a lot of Gen Y builders out there that are very knowledgeable about Japanese tech, but have an appreciation for vintage cars but find they are priced out of reach. This is a quintessential youth build...take what you know, mash it up with a discarded piece of junk and then drive the pee out of it. Its not my cup of tea, I probably wouldn't build anything like it, but I respect the effort. I'm also not surprised at the hate it gets because of the origin of the powerplant. There is a very definitive hatred towards JDM cars and powerplants that were the source of inexpensive cars and engines for kids after the cars hit the 20 year mark.

1969-cord-warrior.jpg