Originally Posted by dragon slayer
That is an interesting thought. Do you really believe the demand for our vintage parts will be greater in 40 years? Who are the buyers? I have been to several auctions and buy out of vintage collections from collectors who have passed or no longer capable and need to liquidate. You or your heirs would be lucky to get .10 to .20 cents on the dollar. If no one knows what it is, you didn't, the salvage man gets it free. Just an opinion, but I have seen multiple times in the last few years.

You probably didn’t know this, but I buy and collect vintage racing parts and certain related memorabilia. People have said the same thing to me for the last 30 years. When you could buy aluminum valve covers at swap meets for $15, now they sell for $200+ and those are not even hemi, finned or 4-bolt style. Water pump housings, intake manifolds, rear diffs, slot/hilbrand/magnesium wheels, speed gadgets, etc. I’ve collected so much that I can’t keep track. At one time, I had 40 tachometers and 20 Vintage MSD style boxes. Currently have zero for sale because people ‘had to have it’. Vintage parts I’ve sold included magnesium intakes for racing teams, salt lake, and a few ‘cheater’ parts that never existed. So for me, letting stuff sit for years is not a problem. After the show next week, I’m going to check out a stash of 1950’s-1960’s collection of blower motors and vintage intakes that have been sitting since the 1970’s.I have buyers for 1/3 of my stuff without advertising. Anything I post is ‘common’ parts and those go to the resto guys.