Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
Originally Posted by an8sec70cuda
The pistons may actually be installed "correctly". The arrow pointing "front" does appear to be pointing to the front of the engine, if that's the engine stand I see on the right side of the pic.
Someone modified those L2355 "six pack" pistons by milling a dish in them...they are normally a 4 valve relief design. I've never seen a dish like that on the "top" side of the piston before, that would ruin any quench you may have had. It's possible whoever machined the pistons put the dish on the wrong side of 4 of them.
It really won't hurt anything, just not the normal way of doing it. grin

The pistons can be swapped side to side, which will properly orient the dish and quench areas so there could actually be some benefit when swapping to closed chamber heads.
The arrow would then be pointing towards the rear........ which some claim is beneficial as well.

This ^^^^^
Does that trw piston have an offset pin? It's been decades since I looked at one but i don't think it is offset. I would put them with the dish facing the chamber and call it done.

I don't know what the compression might be without knowing the deck ht. and the volumes of the dish, chamber and head gasket.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.