Originally Posted by mopar dave
Yes, it fixed the issue. I didn't make it out to the track last year and maybe a good thing as last time i spoke with Best machine, they said not to make a full pass, because these lifters require bushed lifter bores and it may suck the pan dry and kick a rod out. My 400 block is not bushed. I did run it hard down the freeway a few times last year without issue, but not like a full qrt pass. Thinking i may have to use these in the BMP Hemi block and get something else for my 511 stock block.

Glad that lifter mod worked I have 2 sets of these lifters for upcoming builds and may come across this issue too. One is for a iron hemi and one for a wedge... Also 511 from stock 400. I'm trying to figure out this bushed lifter bore debate. Best told me the exact same thing when discussing my hemi combo, but how is a guy supposed to know unless it's too late? I've seen photos of hemi builds on Indy's FB some without bushed lifters in iron blocks with BAM lifters. They must be getting away with it?