Originally Posted by jwb123
The only bad thing about a ladder bar setup is if it is right, it works great, if it is installed wrong not much you can do about it, except cut brackets off and start again. Plus if you keep the car and keep improving it, what happens when you overpower the suspension and lack of adjustment keeps you from tuning it? For just a little more time and money a 4-link will give you adjustment and maybe even make the car worth more when it is time to sell.
I like to use a suspension program like Performance Trends 4-link calculator, it also does ladder bar setups. plug in the numbers and see where those brackets need to be welded.

https://www.performancetrends.com/4link.htm

Years ago I had a Dakota pickup that had the chassis brackets installed too high for ladder bars. The bottom hole they still had a slight upward angle. It was too violent and we ended up cutting them off and lowering them to get the bars angles down. Truck was fine after that.

I say put the brackets were the bars are level in the middle hole and you have holes to go up and down for either adjustment.

67 Barracuda street/bracket car 11.27-119
68 Dart 502 BB 8.70s-152
414 cid SB Dragster 7.65-174