Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I've never ran any motor of my own or helped tune a straight alcohol motor so I know nothing about them as far as Lamda or AFR numbers and what they like to make the best power blush
E85 is my current choice on my race motors, I may end up trying straight methanol alcohol on my next deal if pump E85 doesn't work well work
I'm hoping E85 will work well with NOS first and later on 25 to 30 lbs. of boost luck

Good luck with it, Cab. i do know that pump E85 at only 108 octane and has less cooling ability to avoid detonation versus straight methanol. for a boosted application running that much boost, i would be real carefull with E85 pump. It may not do well resisting detonation where a methanol motor you just run it VERY fat, like 3.4 versus 5.6 for a modest normally aspirated motor. also power will be lower a touch( 3 to 5 percent?) with e 85. but you don't need to take 35 gallons with you for a race weekend, as you might with methanol if you make a lot of passes. i average 2 gallons for warmup and over 1.5 for each pass on methanol.

Last edited by gregsdart; 04/13/23 04:46 AM.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky