Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Is this with race gas or? If gasoline it's pretty fat work twocents
I'm thinking if it is gasoline, you might gain another 25 HP by leaning the AFR down so it is around 12.6 to 13.5AFR shruggy Lean is mean up devil Be careful on the timing and spark plug heat range also, sneak up on it, one jet size at a time or small bleed changes, not hit it with a big hammer tsk

Cab, i run constant flow methanol injection. a total of 22 pulls, and the fuel curve was gradually perfected
one small change at a time till no more power was seen at 6200 through 7600 rpm. timing was set the same way, and landed at 34 or 35 degrees giving equal results. so for 3000 density altitude, i know exactly where to run it. that was the air quality during testing. we set an altime record high temp for April 12 here. it was 80 degrees by the end of the setion.
I went through the vacuum system before the dyno tests and was able to pull eight inches with the motor cold, ready for transport to the dyno using a drill, spinning the pump to about 2600rpm. but as you can see it didn't do as well running. i don't know why, other than maybe the aluminum block just doesn't have as good a ring seal under load as an iron block. As for the dyno, it had just been calibrated.
The more i think about it, the happier i am with the final results. The 1,000 hp mark was an ego thing. A cast iron block would have to make 35 more horsepower to go as fast due to the extra 105 pounds my megablock weighed over this BMP block.
At this point, if i were to chase down that magic 1,000 hp number, a dry sump system with better vacuum would probably push it over the top. As it is, i am only certed to 8:50 so i will most likely be running it at lower rpm to stay at or above 8:50. total car weight with driver should be 2850 at the line.
All testing was done using my race headers, so no loss there when it goes in the car. it might actually run a touch better as collector length will be closer to the recomended length and open air, rather than the extra tube needed to hook up my side exit headers.

Last edited by gregsdart; 04/13/23 03:38 AM.

8..603 156 mph best, 2905 lbs 549, indy 572-13, alky