Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Originally Posted by OrangeProwler
This is all great to know about the reproduction seal. I'll add this to the thread, from what I understand if you can find a factory seal the new aftermarket glass doesn't play well either from what I understand because the aftermarket windshield isn't as thick as the factory windshield.
Yep I bought a new windshield thinking I was doing the right thing since there was mild delamination around the edges and I was putting in a new seal anyway. WRONG. Thinner glass, chitty new seals, bad combination. Professional installers two tries still struggled big time. I've learned a painful lesson.

Made the same kind of mistake several years ago replacing an old gas tank. Figured that was the time to replace sending unit even though old factory one still working fine. Big mistake. Spectra (sp?) branded tank was fine but the sending unit sucked and never worked right. Should've just cleaned the old one and kept it in tank!!!!

I have said over and over again, the biggest hurdle to clear with keeping these old trucks on the road is the sh!t poor quality of replacement parts for them, and that is if you can even get them. If you can't figure away to fabricate what you need or at least make what you can get fit and work, you are going to have a rough time of it.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.