[/quote]
Not that I know of or like shruggy I try to recurve my standard electronic distributors so the motor has between 14 BTDC to 18 degrees BTDC at idle, under 1500 RPM and all in by 2000 to 2500 at 34 BTDC to 36 BTDC on BB and 426 Hemi motors on gasoline. I like and use the same idle timing for small block and usually find that they like between 30 and 32 degree BTDC at or above 2500 RPM twocents scope up [/quote]

Interesting Cab, I've never seen a big inch Hemi need more timing than between 28 to 33 deg to make all the power its gonna make on pump swill. At 11:1 CR, I run 30 deg on the street with pump gas 98 octane here in the Summer, and experiment with around 32 deg in the winter. My combo made peak power on the dyno at 33 deg with some 102 race gas splashed in.

Am I missing something here?

I run a MSD Digital 6 box, crank trigger, locked out MSD dist. The box pulls timing when cranking so starter kickback is'nt an issue, works great. I may add some kinda digital timing retard when I hit the track if I need to pull some timing/kill some power on the hit, will see.

Last edited by LAD 524; 03/14/23 10:00 AM.