Originally Posted by dvw
I see one reason for 1/8 mile racing. Lower cost for the track facilty. Less prep, less insurance cost. To me the progaram takes longer. Takes cars longer to get off the track. Easier on parts? Your set-up can't the aditional 3 or 4 seconds of WOT? I can understand the safety aspect with cars that run at higher speed. But most of that is heads up stuff, not bracket racing. But the line has been drawn. 1/4 mile isn't coming back. Fortunately my class runs 1/4 mile which I prefer. Hope it lasts.
Doug

I can’t believe guys like you that do race lots has never seen the time saving of 1/8th mile racing. Two years in a row at the Halloween Classic I lost at 16 cars on a Friday night high rollers race. (128 car field) I lost at 3:30am both years. Nothing else changed except they started running the whole Classic 1/8 mile instead of 1/4 mile. Racing is now over before 12am and I mean the whole program. The track crew scrapes the track nightly. The Ace races that are three day races and limited to 400 cars running 1/8 mile is over at around 3am even with no time trials and back on the track at 7am. Good luck doing that running 1/4 mile. Several of these races have to deal with rain at least on day and running 1/8 mile we still get the racing in. Most and I said most of the 1/4 mile lovers hit one maybe two Mopar races a year. If I had an 11 second car I would probably still hate 1/8 mile racing too but the quicker you go the more fun 1/8 mile racing is.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time