Originally Posted by B3422W5
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

Super pro has been 1/8th mile for years at monster Mopar and their regular program. Pro ran 1/4 mile but switched their regular program to 1/8th mile now. Most of us running super pro (box class) now have our cars set up for 1/8 mile only. I no I do because every track has race at only runs box 1/8 mile.

Pro has always been 1/4 at Monster Mopar. As well as being by far the biggest class. One of the big reasons for that is because it’s 1/4.
I think a lot of guys who show up to events like Mopar at Norwalk are very casual racers, not big dollar type racers , or even points type racers at home tracks.
As such, they enjoy getting to make full passes to see what they can run, as much as going rounds.
Frankly John, I know it’s been years since you have even attended the Mopar event at Norwalk. You have complained not enough payout for the entry fee
Personally, I hope they don’t change Pro, Sportsman or Nostalgia super stock. All have been 1/4 there as long as I have raced in it, which has been pretty much every year now since around 2000 or so.

Not that it is any of your business but two years I couldn’t go because of health issues. The move from September moved it into
a three day 15,000.00 race 45 miles from my house. I love big money events and how they are ran. I love racing 3-4 days and staying at the track. But above all I like supporting great races at my home track. We all have choices to make in life. Get someone to put those new headers on for you so you are ready. Since you can’t do it yourself.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time