Originally Posted by a12rag
Originally Posted by Twostick
Mine did the zero fuel pressure thing but still ran. Changed out the lift pump and still no pump action. No power to the pump and no obvious reasons why so I assumed the driver was toast. Found a switched ignition only power source in the fuse box and powered the lift pump from there. There is a potential safety issue with the pump running with the ignition on regardless of the engine running or not. Bleeding the fuel system is a snap tho with the constant flow.

Kevin

Thanks, above makes sense . . . although, if have the service manual and are able to "duplicate" how the ECM fires up the lift pump, then could duplicate, OUTSIDE the ECM . . .kinda of like external regulator for the alternator . . .

The ECM has a timer circuit that runs the lift pump for a few seconds to charge the line then shuts off till the truck runs and then starts back up. Your Fass pump is a blockage in the line because there is a small pump inside the VP that will draw fuel from the tank , I drove my 2000 to the gas station from my house after working on my truck to get fuel and had forgot to plug the pump back in. I figured it out when I floored it, edge box and DD stage 3 injectors, and the truck stumbled but just light throttle the track drove the 4 miles round trip fine.

running up my post count some more .