Originally Posted by a12rag
Originally Posted by Twostick
Mine did the zero fuel pressure thing but still ran. Changed out the lift pump and still no pump action. No power to the pump and no obvious reasons why so I assumed the driver was toast. Found a switched ignition only power source in the fuse box and powered the lift pump from there. There is a potential safety issue with the pump running with the ignition on regardless of the engine running or not. Bleeding the fuel system is a snap tho with the constant flow.

Kevin

Thanks, above makes sense . . . although, if have the service manual and are able to "duplicate" how the ECM fires up the lift pump, then could duplicate, OUTSIDE the ECM . . .kinda of like external regulator for the alternator . . .

Just inspect the wiring to the lift pump to see if it had been modified with a relay for the Fass. If not then check for ground to the lift pump and power. You will only have power when cranking or if you just bump the starter there will be power there for about 15 seconds. It will take you a whole 5 minutes to diagnose. I would get fuel pressure before I spent any more money. Also make sure there is lots of fuel in the tank.