Originally Posted by WS68SSC
What's with the "hot rod" a 4 door trend these days?

Look, I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder...and I understand that the 707-horsepower Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat can effortlessly blow both doors off any classic muscle or sports car in air-conditioned comfort.

But no one that I knew built a 4 door "hot rod" unless it was a "sleeper".

Coming from someone who built a 541 for a 4 door Imperial...biggrin

My daily driver is a rip snortin hard hitting 620+ hp twin turbo V12 coupe. I searched long and hard for the right car at the right price. I love this thing. It's at least 12 degrees of awesome.

However, sometimes I wish I had picked up the sedan with the same drive train and features. It would be nearly the same to drive but the ability to have more than one friend along would be nice. Yes, mine has a back seat but the over 50 club doesn't enjoy the ingress/egress.

3 of us wanted to make a road trip. It would have been really nice to take the $218,000 AMG but it wasn't practical so we took the 5.7 Charger instead. The Charger wasn't nearly as comfy, has a crap audio system, and lacks the vast majority of the features that make the Merc so nice but it had 4 doors.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon