If your motors is still on the dyno or if you want to test the cam theory, try adding .006 tighter lash for tree pulls and then loosen it .012 for another set of pulls. If it makes more power with tighter or looser lash then you have some insight on the cam, looser makes more change it to smaller duration, if tighter makes more power change it to bigger duration and lift wrench scope
What is this motor going into and what is its application?
As far as total advance I've done a bunch of testing at the tracks and on engine dyno, every 440 type BB Mopar I've tested like 34 to 36 degrees total VERIFIED timing shruggy work which MSD ignition box are you using? THat old Accel coil may not be your friend if your using an MSD multi spark box work twocents
Lean is mean, FAT is NOT shruggy
I've had similar stock stroke motors with less compression and bigger cams with smaller heads (lightly work over 906 iron heads) make more power than yours did, confused but if we are not testing at the same dyno with very similar weather conditions then the results can't be compared due to the weathers effect on the motors.
What brand and heat range spark plugs?
How about posting another dyno sheet with a pull up to 6000 RPM? That will help me maybe be able to help you a little more luck
I've seen a lot of my similar built BB Mopar engines peak under 6000 RPM on the engine dynos (three different brands and locations) also, but they all went faster at the drag strip shifting them higher shock work scope up
Don't give up, finding the right combination is the key to success in every venture in life, as well as in making more HP and going faster than the other guys devilscopewrench: up:

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 01/05/23 03:52 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)