Originally Posted by B1MAXX
Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by B1MAXX
I have driven several of 4 speed gm products, They aren't the same as my B&B 833. Most guys aren't laying them out. I can tell you on more than one occasion, you go for a ride with them and they think they are being violent with it, they arn't doing chit. Most times I'll try a couple on the floor, 6000+ rpm violent power shifts resulting in an occasional very nasty missed shift resulting in a heavy ,noisy gear grind. When you do catch them with the normal ash try opening crunch, that happens with my B&B, is more of a slip into the full clamp. For you who say they are fine, go out run your car to 6000 in first, DO NOT LIFT THE GAS PEDAL AT ALL, hit the clutch, while pulling second (thats the easy one for you guys), then tell me how good they are. I just wonder how many of these reviews have really pushed this stuff to the absolute limit, to the point of failure without fear. drive

Back in the day, when they wrote articles like that, they didn't care about grenading a Hemi or what ever rare expensive machine into little pieces. no

Now we put-put around and pound our chest(keyboard) laugh2

up

The diaphragm is a proven street put putter, thanks to years of GM usage.

When an aftermarket mfg, quits using them you can bet its because they are cheaper to mfg, so they can make more money.

Maybe you need to go back and read what the OP asked.

ok, another 10.5 B&B. My 2 cents...or a 10.95 (better)
If you get YouTube, go to the search engine and type in "11 second 68 roadrunner" . Look for the blue roadrunner with 493 on the windshield. Watch the run. 6200 rpm power shifts with a CF dual friction that has been in the car for several years. If you have a problem power shifting a diaphragm clutch
I don't think it is a clutch problem. Just my 2 cents.

4 speed street legal. Best time 10.99 @ 124 mph on 93 octane pump gas @ 3926# total weight