Originally Posted by Sniper
Never had a problem with diaphragm clutches, they were factory on a lot of Mopars BTW, nor have I ever had to remove the over center spring. But then again, I do not use the pedal free play method of setting up the clutch either. I use plate departure and go for .060" of a gap with the pedal to the floor.

What Mopar has a factory diaphragm clutch? I’ve never seen one on a 65 to 71 of the muscle car era, which is what this board mainly deals with. The .060 gap with the pedal on the floor is the issue with me. I like my Mopar clutches to disengage at the top of the pedal travel like they were designed to do instead of pushing them to the floor. That travel messes up my timing when I shift. I drove that latest install of that 68 Hemi Charger with the hemi 4 speed and the gear vendor OD unit. It has the McLeod twin disc long style in it. It is extremely smooth on the release, releases right at the top and has Perfe͏c͏t͏ pedal pressure. Not to much like your leg gets a workout and not to little like you’re stepping on a plum, but just right. The car will break loose the tires in third gear at any time.