Second week of December, the almost 30 yr old radiator in my Dakota, said NO MORE!! And split the top tank (there's more to that story, maybe I'll tell it another time)

[Linked Image]

I placed an order thru Rock Auto for a radiator, radiator cap, and thermostat. These three items, even with shipping, was still cheaper than what I could find locally for JUST the radiator (no surprise there).

The radiator came from one warehouse, the remaining parts from another. Much to my surprise (especially considering the holidays) I had everything on my doorstep in three days. Great!

BUT there was a problem. I ordered everything specifically for my Dakota, but, somehow between my computer and their warehouse, the cap and thermostat got switched to 'generic' parts as 'no specific model' was listed.

Think I coulda crammed this into a 3.9 thermostat housing? work hammer

[Linked Image]

Honestly, I probably didn't catch it on my end. About a week went by before I returned the parts, which was just before Christmas. I thought for sure it would be over a week to process the refund, maybe even two, but I got my refund yesterday. I'm happy.

If there is one (minor) complaint I have is, how do you use a discount code with Rock Auto? Last two orders, with known good codes, they haven't worked. I am supposed to be putting them in the referral box, correct?

Now that the temps have returned to normal around here, I need to get busy.

Just thought I'd share some good news for a change (maybe even funny).

beer

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥