Originally Posted by 5thAve
It's too bad the live feed went down. I had it on in the background and went back to it later and it suddenly disappeared when there was still quite a bit of time left.

The biggest problem is the current people involved all seemed to be genuinely interested in keeping the track and they all said it must be protected which is great but they also had an issue with the small distance between the houses and the track. And assuming they don't change their minds all it needs is for future members of the commitee to side with the home owners who are sick of the sound and start putting restrictions on the tracks.

Right off the bat they should have voted against the development because it's outside the boundary they previously put in place and yeah the boundary could always change if there's a good reason but from some of the things i've read there's already land available within the boundary that could accommodate all that new housing so clearly the developer went after this land instead because it's cheaper then land that was already slated for development.

IMO IT'S DONE down For the board or anyone allowing it to move forward even for just planning means it will happen. Why not stop it now and not waste any more money on both sides if it's not going to happen, WHY? because it is going forward and IS going to happen. The more the landowner/realtor puts into it now after already buying the property means they are not going to stop IT'S ALL ABOUT (their) MONEY and they are not going to lose.....they have lawyers that, as a lawyer friend once said to me "I'll defend or go to bat for you, to your last dollar" and then he laughed. There's thousands of lawyers out there that will fight for the money of those potential 4.500 home and property owners and NEVER STOP. Stick a fork in it and start looking for a place to move to or get out of owning a race track. You can't win now that they're letting them move forward even an inch with planning. And you know they will use the most minimal sound abatement methods that costs them the least money and then sue for the track to stop the noise. Don't forget those 4,500 homeowners are voters too and will slowly vote in politicians that will do something about the noise, pollutions and dangerous situations at race tracks. What will also put a stop to it is someone gets hurt or worse.