Unfortunately if he succeeds it will only be a matter of time before the new neighbors b-tch him out of business. And likely the same developer will be standing there with a check in hand.
I have seen it several times and the developers always seem to prevail. The only exception I am aware of has been Reid Hillview airport in San Jose. I believe it was built in the early 1900's far away from the city. Eventually developers bought land and built homes close by. Then the owners of the homes started b-tching about the noise, safety etc,. Well DUHH you bought the home knowing it was there. I just looked online and see the battle is still raging and has been for over 30 years. They will likely eventually shut it down. i am pleased to see it is still open and functioning wink

Same thing happened here with Sunset Speedway (circle track) that had been there over 50 years. Along comes a developer, builds a bunch of house and the b-tching started. The track was shut down. It's all about the TAX $$$