Yeah, I think my next step is a face to face with a person at the local WI DMV here in Green Bay. At least then I can express that I'm not out to cheat my way through not paying sales tax/registration fees, I just want to do the right process to ensure I can get a title for my 56 and get it in my name. My 56 has not been on the road for at leat 22 years, maybe longer. No one has laid title claim to it in that time, so I think the 1st owner has long since said bye-bye to it, and from life is what I have found out. This past Tuesday I hired a roll-back truck to move it 25 miles from the seller's house to my FIL's pole building (non heated but all concrete floor), so it is inside secure with some JD Johnny poppers, Olver, Massey Harris and Ford 8N tractors. Made the move for $168, well worth it, and a lot less hassle than trying to rent a tow dolly.

When the truck operator was winching the 56 onto the bed he said it must be in gear because he saw the fan on the engine turning. So that means the Poly-V8 is free and turns over. Later next spring I may borrow a 6-volt battery from my FIL and see if I can get it to fire up. Not sure what a running 56 Poly V8.with 90,000 miles on it is worth. Maybe someone restoring a classic old Mopar may want to buy it and the 3-spd tranny, as my 2001 Dakota is the planned chassis for the 56.

My 56 C3-B8 Dakota build