I took a lot into consideration before buying my lift this month. Mainly because I have been waiting for approval from my HOA to allow me to build a 30’Wx30’Dx16’H shop on my property. That’s taking a while so I didn’t want to further delay the purchase because these things keep increasing in price. I decided on this lift because it has nice features and a few upgrades versus others I checked out, and the price was somewhat affordable. It fits the current installed location perfectly and allows total access in a limited amount of space. If the HOA approves my request in the near future I’ll remove it from my garage and reinstall in the shop. Another thing I considered was most times I’ve used other lifts the vehicles are rarely positioned at max height.

My garage ceiling is 10’ and my concrete is 12” thick. You'll need to know your thickness for sure, and if anything else is going on inside the concrete where your holes will be drilled. This lift (Atlas BP8000) I have needs minimum 9’-6" ceiling height and 4-5” concrete thickness. I guess in the end you have to also consider your personal body height, and the size of your vehicle(s) you’ll be putting on it. Mine is good for 8,000#’s and all our vehicles we own will work within the current ceiling height to complete any work needed to be done, which also includes my Ram 2500 Cummins (but not at max lift).

Here’s the dimensions sheet for my lift to give a little more perspective.

E9498B58-F3E1-4024-933B-5F67BA4FD07C.jpeg

"Any fool can know. The point is to understand"

- A. Einstein