Originally Posted by hemicar1971
I will have to did up all the number of 68 Hemi A Bodies. There were batches of each. It was either three batches of number for one or the other and since I was looking at buying a Dart, all the SO numbesr ran in a row also with the serial numubers and I think about 10 numbers behind. Long time ago so I could be off. I believe these Hemi A Bodies were built in March April of 1968. I think without looking numbers up that they were around 280000 and up. I was also wondering if Chrysler ran a special build for RO and WO rans in 1967. I have not seen many Hemi Block for sale that came out of a 1967. I have a 1966 block that came with everything 1969 and that motor ended up in my Challenger so I could run it harder. Lots to learn hear and still learning after 40 years of this stuff.

I’ve always heard 50 of each and that was it, no more were made. One guy who worked down the street from the place said their whole back lot was full of Darts and barracudas. Sold with bill of sale and non street-able, no vin like regular cars. I was 18, broke and couldn’t pay attention. Also that March date would fit with the 68 block date I had.

Last edited by cudaman1969; 11/29/22 12:16 AM.