All, you're very welcome & glad the Foundry info was of interest. By the way I did finally get my own Hemi. My J code 68 Red Road Runner still has its original drivetrain. I pulled the car from a barn lot in 1982 about 5 miles from my home and still have it. Guess I'll have to climb under it now to check its casting date!
Another bit of info: when the engine blocks were hooked & pulled out of their sand mold to air cool they were put into trays on a mile long cooling conveyor that snaked overhead all around the plant. Once semi cooled, they were set on vibratory conveyors to shake out the core sand from bores, water jackets, etc. Blocks would occasionally fall off the cooling line trays. If it jammed Maintenance men would have to find it & repair the conveyor. Prior to the plant closing in early 2000 or so, a 1978 440 casting was found in a remote area of the cooling line where it caused no jam and lay for years. It was removed & put on display in our training building lobby. When the plant closed, I got to bring it home. If you think a machined cast iron 440 is heavy you should try lifting a rough casting! Tom