Hello all. My name is Tom Kelly and I'm retired from Chrysler. I have some info that may help. I started at the Chrysler Indianapolis Foundry in July 1972 in Production Control. Being the Newby I ended up on night shift taking inventory. At that time there were over 100,000 rough castings of various displacement palleted in the outdoor storage yard and a few thousand more of high demand block in a late storage warehouse on the site. The castings were primarily stacked in rows by displacement. At that time if the engine machining plant called for a quantity of blocks and they were in production, they loaded straight on the trucks and headed to the Engine Plants. We produced all of the V8 (though I do recall some were outsourced to International Harvester Foundry across town in Indy when we couldn't keep up with demand; primarily 318s while I was there.) The B/RBs went to Trenton MI for machining, 318 & 340s to Mound Road MI and the 360 to Windsor Ontario CA for machining and assy. We only did rough grinding of the blocks. Of interest, though no demand in 1972, there were still rough casting 273, 361, early and late style 383, 413. And a few hundred HEMIs still palleted in the yard. I was drafted into the Army in October 1972. We didn't ship any Hemi blocks during my time in 1972 to my knowledge. I had a 69 340 Dart Swinger at the time and was in awe of those HEMIs so kept an eye on them. Also of interest, the Hemi tooling was still in a caged area of the warehouse at that time. I even loved looking at it when walking the area. Regarding usage of blocks, when demand exceeded live production or a block order came in for a casting not being produced at the time (we had two production lines and one was generally dedicated to 318s due to demand) they would be pulled from warehouse first and if none they were pulled from the yard. Yard block were depalleted, hung on conveyor hooks & sent through one of two shot blast machines (Wheelabrator & other was a Pangborn Mfrs). Blocks were put back on wooden pallets (24 small blocks & 18 big blocks per pallet). Also of note, depending on demand old casting date blocks would have set in the yard for a long time before being pulled out for blasting & shipment. That would explain old casting dates with much later machine/assembled stamped dates at the Machine Plants. (To be continued)