This is a good thread...

I'm considering installing one or two electric fans. I run lots of pylon autocross and HPDE/HSAX events... and after a while of long running time on the tracks, the temp rises... so I run with the heater on full-blast to help reduce some engine heat.

I have a recent new US Radiator Triple-Flow aluminum radiator, two 1.25" rows, 22" width (properly fitting my core support opening), factory fan shroud and 7-blade aluminum clutch fan, have tried different thermostats.. 160-180-195, etc... runs great while normal driving... but when racing, especially lengthy sessions, the temp rises and gets pretty hot... changed the cap to a 21#... temp still moves up to around 220+... only under lengthy racing conditions.

I also added a foam filler (2" round) between the upper radiator tank and the core support... so to prevent air from traveling away from the radiator.

So, I'm considering adding an electric fan... behind the radiator as I have a large automatic trans cooler in the front. I'm also planning to add an upper flat shroud from the grille-to-core support... as I see that many road racers have that added.

Since the radiator is only 22", I may add two electric fans and they would then likely over-extend the radiator width a little.. and that's OK with me. I would further have to remove the 7-blade clutch fan.

Comments, suggestions for electric fans on a 22" width radiator? My thoughts are that while idling after the runs (example: HOLLEY Bowling Green MOPARTY with lots of runs!), the electric fans would help much more, but... on hot lengthy HPDE lapping sessions, the temp has still run increasingly high during those typical 20-30-minute track sessions... really hot on warm summer days!

Last edited by Mopar Mitch; 11/23/22 03:42 PM.

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!