Originally Posted by lilcuda
Originally Posted by TJP
Right up there with demolishing Fremont dragstrip later known as Baylands. The land then sat empty for 20+ years. I lived in the SILLYcon valley when it was an unspoiled area. Left in 94 when I could no longer tolerate the bureaucratic BS and growth that had turned what once was a garden of eden into hell. I can assure you its gotten much worse and more liberal.
I know more natives to the state that have bailed than people that have move there and some that want to bail but can't financially as they stayed too long. violin frown twocents

You can't even imagine how bad it is getting here. I've lived here since 1972. My dad got transferred out here when I was a kid. It sucks to watch a once great area go to sh!t. My wife and I want out when we retire, but don't know where to go.

Nebraska is not bad except for the property taxes which are on the high side nationally. But you can also homestead depending on age, what you buy and your income. Weather the last few years has been pretty decent but look around as you have a lot of choices twocents beer