Moparts

Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'.

Posted By: fullonmopar

Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/20/22 11:36 PM

Legendary Engine Shop Scheduled for Demolition: Ed Pink's Hallowed Ground (Full Tour)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dp6C4D_E5Y
Posted By: TJP

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/21/22 02:34 AM

it's sad that they can come in and throw you out after 60 years, but it is commiefornia whistling
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/21/22 05:46 AM

All this to build a new bus stop.

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/21/22 03:50 PM

Right up there with demolishing Fremont dragstrip later known as Baylands. The land then sat empty for 20+ years. I lived in the SILLYcon valley when it was an unspoiled area. Left in 94 when I could no longer tolerate the bureaucratic BS and growth that had turned what once was a garden of eden into hell. I can assure you its gotten much worse and more liberal.
I know more natives to the state that have bailed than people that have move there and some that want to bail but can't financially as they stayed too long. violin frown twocents
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/21/22 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by 1972CudaV21

That will really only be used for a month or so during the olympics...
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/21/22 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by HotRodDave

Yeah, but they get to use state (and probably Federal) money to do it and at the same time get rid of a business that caters to evil fossil fuel run engines. laugh2

Sadly it's a win-win for the people of California as far as they see it.
Posted By: lilcuda

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/21/22 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by TJP
Right up there with demolishing Fremont dragstrip later known as Baylands. The land then sat empty for 20+ years. I lived in the SILLYcon valley when it was an unspoiled area. Left in 94 when I could no longer tolerate the bureaucratic BS and growth that had turned what once was a garden of eden into hell. I can assure you its gotten much worse and more liberal.
I know more natives to the state that have bailed than people that have move there and some that want to bail but can't financially as they stayed too long. violin frown twocents

You can't even imagine how bad it is getting here. I've lived here since 1972. My dad got transferred out here when I was a kid. It sucks to watch a once great area go to sh!t. My wife and I want out when we retire, but don't know where to go.

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/21/22 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ
Originally Posted by HotRodDave

Yeah, but they get to use state (and probably Federal) money to do it and at the same time get rid of a business that caters to evil fossil fuel run engines. laugh2

Sadly it's a win-win for the people of California as far as they see it.

Hey! Don't lump us all into that category. Some of us still have common sense.
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/21/22 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by lilcuda
Originally Posted by TJP

You can't even imagine how bad it is getting here. I've lived here since 1972. My dad got transferred out here when I was a kid. It sucks to watch a once great area go to sh!t. My wife and I want out when we retire, but don't know where to go.

We get a lot of Californians here in TN. 99% are great people which tells me the good ones are leaving and that can't be good for the California over the long term.

The problem we have is a lot of people move here from NY, LA, (insert city here) because they hated it there and are now trying to turn it into the cesspool they left. They start pushing for the same agenda's and stuff that made their old cities unlivable.

Check out TN when you retire. Not a bad place. up
Posted By: SV_MOPARS

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/21/22 09:57 PM

Oh another bus stop, great, just one more city outhouse, i can't tell you how many times i have seen them being used for out houses, and im talkin number 1 and number 2.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/21/22 09:59 PM

I hear that they do not tax your retirement, if so that is damn near reason alone to move there.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/21/22 11:03 PM

Probably headed to TN in the next year or two.....Legitimately, if I sold one of the cars tomorrow, I would leave a lot sooner...It sucks here in Buffalo NY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZfbh2SK2xE
Posted By: SV_MOPARS

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/21/22 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by BloFish
I hear that they do not tax your retirement, if so that is damn near reason alone to move there.

well i read they do not tax social security and pensions. my kids, there spouses and my grandkids have been there since august and love it, the wife and i are headed out december 17th with a load of my yard art and then will move there in march, cant wait.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/22/22 12:20 AM

Texas doesn't tax your retirement nor does it tax your income.
Posted By: Dabee

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/22/22 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by SV_MOPARS

well i read they do not tax social security and pensions. my kids, there spouses and my grandkids have been there since august and love it, the wife and i are headed out december 17th with a load of my yard art and then will move there in march, cant wait.

Yes no state incom tax here in Tennessee. Sales tax only but you only pay sales tax when you by something. Average sales tax is 9% depending on which county you live in. All my relatives in Michigan tell me 9% is robbery that it’s only 6% in Michigan. I just laugh at them and remind them the pay 6.5% state income tax plus the 6% sales tax when the purchase something. They just don’t get it. shruggy

Property tax is also low. I live on 7.5 acres, have a 3600 sq ft shop and 1900 sq ft house with a three car garage and only pay $1400 a year properly tax. I paid triple that on a .5 acre lot with a smaller house with two car garage when I left Michigan 13 years ago.
Posted By: crackedback

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/22/22 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Dabee
Originally Posted by SV_MOPARS

Yes no state incom tax here in Tennessee. Sales tax only but you only pay sales tax when you by something. Average sales tax is 9% depending on which county you live in. All my relatives in Michigan tell me 9% is robbery that it’s only 6% in Michigan. I just laugh at them and remind them the pay 6.5% state income tax plus the 6% sales tax when the purchase something. They just don’t get it. shruggy

Property tax is also low. I live on 7.5 acres, have a 3600 sq ft shop and 1900 sq ft house with a three car garage and only pay $1400 a year properly tax. I paid triple that on a .5 acre lot with a smaller house with two car garage when I left Michigan 13 years ago.

Spot on. Tenn is really favorable on all those points.

I was looking at texas... property taxes are ridiculous compared to other states in the region. Texas gets you there. I have many friends that are leaving texas because of property taxes.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/22/22 12:59 AM

Definitely something to look into.

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/22/22 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by TJP

Nebraska is not bad except for the property taxes which are on the high side nationally. But you can also homestead depending on age, what you buy and your income. Weather the last few years has been pretty decent but look around as you have a lot of choices twocents beer
Posted By: moparply

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/22/22 03:05 AM

They can build a bus stop anywhere. This is not about a bus stop.

Is there any kind of movement to get this stopped?

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/22/22 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by moparply

Good luck with that. The powers that be in California hate internal combustion engines. Also, there is very little interest in saving old buildings. Sure, there are historical buildings here and there, but most people want new and shiny things whether it makes sense or not.

Oh and the property taxes are insane! Ours are about $1500 a month. That’s not a typo.
Posted By: A12

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/22/22 03:24 AM

More than a "bus stop" (a bus terminal) and Ed Pink's shop in not the only thing affected by the 2028 Olympics.

Attached picture 2408847_1280x720.jpg
Posted By: crackedback

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/22/22 05:58 AM

He doesn't own the property from what some others have found through the tax rolls.

Just the name on the building and even that was sold a while back according to other reports to other entities.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/23/22 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by moparply

Good luck with that. The powers that be in California hate internal combustion engines. Also, there is very little interest in saving old buildings. Sure, there are historical buildings here and there, but most people want new and shiny things whether it makes sense or not.

Oh and the property taxes are insane! Ours are about $1500 a month. That’s not a typo.

There's a Metrolink train station near there. And they are building a new train line across the valley. The property is next to train tracks.

It's a standard industrial building.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/23/22 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by crackedback
He doesn't own the property from what some others have found through the tax rolls.

Just the name on the building and even that was sold a while back according to other reports to other entities.

Ed sold the shop years ago. A well known Indy racecar collector, Tom Malloy owns the land and the business (or part of it). Malloy bought the property in 2015 for $2.1M and the seller was not Ed Pink.

Ed Pink has a small shop in Newbury Park called Ed Pink's Garage. It's rumored that Ed Pink Racing is moving to somewhere in Newbury Park or general vicinity.

It's just an industrial building. The equipment and pictures on the wall can move to another building.

This is over romanticized truth editing on social media content trying to grab views.
Posted By: A12

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/23/22 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by autoxcuda

Ed sold the shop years ago. A well known Indy racecar collector, Tom Malloy owns the land and the business (or part of it). Malloy bought the property in 2015 for $2.1M and the seller was not Ed Pink.

Ed Pink has a small shop in Newbury Park called Ed Pink's Garage. It's rumored that Ed Pink Racing is moving to somewhere in Newbury Park or general vicinity.

It's just an industrial building. The equipment and pictures on the wall can move to another building.

This is over romanticized truth editing on social media content trying to grab views.

up
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/23/22 10:05 PM

Well trying to catch views or not it still made for an interesting video and some of the stuff they talked about with the building and things that happened over the years wouldn't have necesserily been said if it wasn't going anywhere.

With some of these places that have been in a building long term the building itself is as interesting as what's in it especially when it's not just a big open warehouse.
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/24/22 04:30 AM

Yeah - well, I disagree with your views. SO MUCH has happened here since the 60's - as Ed says - it's hallowed ground.
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/24/22 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Dragula
Probably headed to TN in the next year or two.....Legitimately, if I sold one of the cars tomorrow, I would leave a lot sooner...It sucks here in Buffalo NY

Come on down. In addition to the points made by others (all true) there is no personal property tax therefore vehicle registration is cheap even for very valuable vehicles.

Electricity is cheap. Gasoline is under $3 this week. What is it now in N.Y. and Commifornia?

Houses are still selling fast. Prices of housing is still up but not even close to Big City prices.

Buffalo - How much snow did you just get? None here. Been here for three winters and never more than 1" of snow and it lasts 1 day or less. But if you like snow there are several ski resorts in the mountains within 45 minutes of here.
Posted By: bobby66

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/24/22 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda

Yeah - well, I disagree with your views. SO MUCH has happened here since the 60's - as Ed says - it's hallowed ground.
Posted By: sogtx

Re: Legend Eng Builder Ed Pink forced to move in Cali'. - 11/24/22 11:18 AM

I have 6 vehicles
I might have to pay sales tax in NY

But I dont have to pay $1500 bucks a year to register each car
like they do in some states ..

Theres pros cons everywhere..

Snow sucks
Poverty sucks
Crime sucks

But its home for now.

Good luck guys who are moving away from their homes