Originally Posted by SV_MOPARS
Originally Posted by BloFish
I hear that they do not tax your retirement, if so that is damn near reason alone to move there.

well i read they do not tax social security and pensions. my kids, there spouses and my grandkids have been there since august and love it, the wife and i are headed out december 17th with a load of my yard art and then will move there in march, cant wait.

Yes no state incom tax here in Tennessee. Sales tax only but you only pay sales tax when you by something. Average sales tax is 9% depending on which county you live in. All my relatives in Michigan tell me 9% is robbery that it’s only 6% in Michigan. I just laugh at them and remind them the pay 6.5% state income tax plus the 6% sales tax when the purchase something. They just don’t get it. shruggy

Property tax is also low. I live on 7.5 acres, have a 3600 sq ft shop and 1900 sq ft house with a three car garage and only pay $1400 a year properly tax. I paid triple that on a .5 acre lot with a smaller house with two car garage when I left Michigan 13 years ago.